A List of Outstanding Satirical Essay Topics for High School
Getting satirical essay ideas is easy when you start with what you know. This form of writing may be seen as humorous with a side of hard truth. The idea is to present your main idea with supporting information that balances fact and hypocrisy all in one. The right topic for this form of writing is important. You can choose anything related to social, political, environmental, or economic issues. There are editorial forms of this writing known by newspapers and magazines to consider if you want additional insight on how to blend each aspect. Here are basic tips to know when choosing a topic along with prompts for high school writing.
15 Writing Prompts to Generate Ideas
There are many ideas to consider for this form of writing where some will make your laugh and others will make you think twice about the situation before responding. Your topic will be influenced by what is going on in society. From time to time, there are things that happen where you see irony or hypocrisy. Here is a list of potential satirical topics for essay content. These ideas may help generate something original that will be easy to write. When you need inspiration for an idea, consider the following prompts.
- Paying taxes even though the government owes other countries money.
- Political issues highlighted in the daily comics.
- Diversity issues in a society that thrives on people being different.
- Cultural differences that are not being brought to the forefront.
- Raising awareness of helping the environment for future generations.
- Challenging a marriage considered non-traditional.
- Suicide rates are rising.
- Cancer diagnosis increasing for certain forms of cancer.
- Increased drug addiction cases for certain drugs.
- Growing obsession of internet and social media use.
- More people becoming couch potatoes or being lazy.
- Increasing concerns about teen pregnancy.
- Workplace harassment and gender bias.
- Working class citizens and problems they face.
- Obsession with clothing and other forms of fashion.
What to Remember When Choosing a Topic
It may take some time to figure out your idea but think about how often such content occurs without you thinking about it. There are forms of commentary reports in the media that use elements of this writing. Sometimes you have to make light of a negative situation in order to move forward from it. A sad or unfortunate situation may have a hint of humor that wasn’t intended. Think about an idea you can add humor, wit, and be creative in explaining your overall message. Look for sample papers with this form of writing to get more insight on ideas.